Southport Capital’s Beacon Financial Planning System will help you gain a more holistic view of your financial situation. When you sign up for our Beacon Financial Planning System, we create a customized website that will help you to get financially organized. This website is an incredibly comprehensive tool that you can use to monitor all your assets as well as liabilities (Real Estate, Mortgages, Investment Accounts, Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, and Insurance Policies to name a few). You will also be able to use your website to track your spending habits and set a budget that will help you monitor your quantitative financial goals.
As the world evolves, the financial challenges that you are facing evolve too.
Is it secure?
In one word, yes. Your account is protected by the multiple layers of security within the financial website. In addition, this website is non-transactional, so there is absolutely no risk of money being moved from within the software tool. Since your financial security is always our top priority, we will never share your personal account information with anyone without expressed, written authorization. This video discloses additional information about the security features.
At Southport Capital, we believe in creating plans to improve the financial well-being of our clients.
Customizing portfolio design and management is at the core of our offering. Many of our clients seek us out for our investment management expertise. Others are interested in our approach to developing a plan for their overall wealth management needs.
We spend time to understand your personal situation and financial goals, which results in a customized investment portfolio and wealth management solutions tailored to your personal needs. You will have a dedicated Investment Counselor who is there specifically to keep you informed and comfortable with your financial decisions
While no one can accurately time the market, we actively monitor the markets to look at the cyclical trends to better understand how it will affect your portfolio.
We take the time to listen and understand your specific circumstances and goals. One size doesn’t fit all; you deserve a personalized plan.
What sets Southport Capital apart is our ability to be flexible to your needs. Whether you want to protect assets or build them, we’ll work with you to achieve your long-term goals.
Where will your retirement money come from?
If you’re like most Americans, qualified-retirement plans, Social Security and personal savings and investments are expected to play a role in your retirement income. With ever improving medical advancements, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents or grandparents did. A dependable, consistent income stream for retirement is crucial for maintaining your ideal lifestyle.
We can help guide you along the path to—and through—retirement. No matter where you are in life, we can provide guidance, tools, and services to help you prepare for retirement on your terms.
At Southport Capital, we guide you on your retirement journey by:
- Meeting with you to learn about your retirement needs and your lifestyle.
- Developing a personalized portfolio analysis based on your retirement income goals.
- Implementing a plan to achieve your long-term goals.
- Regularly reviewing your financial situation, goals, and income needs.
- Adjusting your plan as your retirement needs change.
- Monitoring and analyzing financial markets and news to keep you informed.
- Providing ongoing retirement planning advice and education.
Estate Planning involves creating a plan for whom you want to receive your assets after you pass away. However, good estate planning is much more than that. It should also:
- Include instructions for passing your values (religion, education, hard work, etc.) in addition to your valuables.
- Include instructions for your care if you become disabled before you die. Name a guardian and an inheritance manager for minor children.
- Provide for family members with special needs without disrupting government benefits.
- Provide for loved ones who might be irresponsible with money or who may need future protection from creditors or divorce.
- Include life insurance to provide for your family at your death, disability income insurance to replace your income if you cannot work due to illness or injury, and long-term care insurance to help pay for your care in case of an extended illness or injury.
- Provide for the transfer of your business at your retirement, disability, or death. Minimize taxes, court costs, and unnecessary legal fees.
- Be an ongoing process, not a one-time event. Your plan should be reviewed and updated as your family and financial situations (and laws) change over your lifetime.
The best time to plan your estate is now.
None of us enjoy thinking about our own mortality or the possibility of being unable to make decisions for ourselves. This is precisely why so many families are caught off-guard and unprepared when incapacity or death occurs. At Southport Capital, we work directly with you to put a plan in place in preparation for the unexpected.
Estate Planning is for Everyone
It is not just for “retired” people, although people do tend to think about it more as they get older. Unfortunately, we can’t successfully predict how long we will live, and illness and accidents happen to people of all ages.
Estate planning is not just for “the wealthy,” either, although people who have built some wealth do often think more about how to preserve it. Good estate planning often means more to families with modest assets, because they can afford to lose the least.
Planning your estate will help you organize your records and correct titles and beneficiary designations.
Would your family know where to find your financial records, titles, and insurance policies if something happened to you? Planning your estate now will help you organize your records, locate titles and beneficiary designations, and find and correct errors. Most people don’t give much thought to the wording they put on titles and beneficiary designations. You may have good intentions, but an innocent error can create all kinds of problems for your family at your disability and/or death. Beneficiary designations are often out-of-date or otherwise invalid. Naming the wrong beneficiary on your tax-deferred plan can lead to devastating tax consequences. It is much better for you to take the time to do this correctly now than for your family to pay an attorney to try to fix things later.
What is Legacy Planning
Legacy planning is a financial strategy that prepares a person to bequeath his or her assets to a loved one or next of kin after death. As with estate planning, the typical legacy planning strategy centers around planning the transfer of wealth and assets from you to your heirs. Depending on the size of your estate, this plan may be very simple or very complex.
Some also ascribe more abstract elements to legacy planning. This might include discussing the values you’d like to impart on your heirs, or crafting a family narrative that encompasses more than simply real estate or cash assets. It might also place a heavy emphasis on charitable giving.
Ultimately, though, there are no hard and fast requirements that clearly distinguish the process as legacy planning rather than estate planning. The process entails anything and everything that ensures you’re happy with the legacy you leave behind.
Comfortable Life & Legacy
Southport Capital provides advice on how best to prepare your legacy and assist with any questions or special requests that you might have. We aim to guide you towards reaching a level of financial security that will both give you a comfortable life and allow you to leave wealth as a part of your legacy.
After mapping out a plan of financial security our clients are comfortable with we aim to ensure that your affairs are managed and continue to prosper after they’ve been passed on. With proactive communication, we help eliminate any confusion while discussing the management of your estate. This allows you to communicate any preferences or wishes you have in how it should be managed or what should become of it.
Have questions about legacy planning or want to know more? Check out one of our workshops or contact one of our advisors close to you
Unified Managed Account
Selection of Other Managers In addition to the services identified above, Southport Capital may select the third party investment advisors either through a wrap or unified managed account (UMA) program (collectively referred to as “programs”) to manage a portion or all of the client’s account. When a client’s assets are allocated to the third-party investment advisors through these programs, the clients will pay a combined fee (referred to as a “wrap fee”) based upon a percentage of the market value of the account, which generally covers all services for:
- Selection of program
- The investment advisers’ fee to manage the client’s portfolio on a fully discretionary basis
- Brokerage commissions and, in some instances, dealer mark-ups or mark-downs for the execution of trades by the designated broker
- Acting as custodian for the assets in the client’s portfolio which also includes providing the client with trade confirmations and monthly statements
- Periodic evaluation and comparison of account performance
- Continuing consultations on investment objectives
For the clients in these programs, the third-party investment advisor will generally be responsible for executing all securities transactions for the client’s account. If Southport Capital is responsible for trading the client’s account, refer to the Brokerage Practices section for more information on how Southport Capital achieves best execution and aggregates trades.